Sunday, September 30, 2007

Men's Retreat

I just got back from the Men's Retreat at Pali Mountain Retreat & Conference Center (near Lake Arrowhead). This is the first year that I have made it to a retreat and that includes all the time I spent in San Diego.

The sessions/messages were broken up into these 4 elements: "Anglers for Christ in the Real World", "The Fishing Ponds in our Monday thru Friday", "Working to Make the Catch", and "They're in the Boat, now what?". As I get a chance, I am hoping to place some of my notes up on the blog.

In addition to the 4 sessions, there were 2 morning devotionals and activity times plus some good food. I need to see if I have enough notes on these to post anything, yet.

For activities, I played basketball and shot targets (for only a few minutes, just to try it out). Both were enjoyable. Originally, I was hoping to go mountain biking but I didn't bring up my mountain bike. I also thought that I'd try out the ropes course but didn't have time. I avoided the fishing and paintball because they aren't major interests of mine. That actually is a little ironic because the Retreat's name was "Go Fish".

More later...

Mark

No comments: