Thursday, October 4, 2007

Notable notes

Alright, been a couple of days since I had a chance to do any major work on the blog. Here's what's been happening:

Brooke has been preparing for an interview on Friday (we're considering whether she should go back part time - leaning towards a "probably" at this point).

Hope has gotten her 4th tooth. We've been waiting for this one to break through for a couple weeks now.

Got my schedule for AV for church. Looks like my first training day is Saturday, October 20th. The only problem is that that is the same night as the Thrive Group #1 get-together. It's too late to change it now. Yet another missed Thrive get-together (I'm a little bummed).

On the bright side, my parents and grandparents will be out the last weekend of the month. In the 6 years in Southern California, this will only be my grandparents second trip to visit me (and hopefully not the last!). I'm glad that my parents are coming out. Even though it's hard living so far from all your family, I know that I have been so blessed by God - He has blessed me with a good job, a wonderful wife, a healthy baby girl, and a great church.

In addition, living here has deepened my faith in ways that I would likely never had if I had stayed in the Midwest. For example, I've been challenged in my following of the Lord i.e. will I trust Him even when nothing is going right. For example, I don't really have much of a safety net out here. I can't just say "Mom, Dad, can we live with you for a couple months to save for a house" or "Can you watch Hope so we can have a night out". This brings me to the place where I need to trust God to bring people in my life (and I in theirs).

There's so much more to say but it'll have to wait until later because I need to get to sleep.

Mark

No comments: