Monday, October 8, 2007

13 Month Old and Other Topics

Hope turned 13 months old yesterday. She seems to really be taking off lately. She starting to point to the correct objects when you say the name of it (such as ball, cat, and daddy). She's also beginning to be worse about separation anxiety (although, not even close to the horror stories I've heard about). I have to distract her for a longer time now because she remembers that someone went through a door for quite awhile.

In other notes, this past weekend I signed up for Partners at church. Also, I began looking into some in depth commentaries. It's going to take me a little while to get recommendations and check out the leads I get.

On the way to the Men's Retreat (2 weekends ago), I got to know two guys from Thrive that I hadn't recalled meeting before. I first met up with Ben. Later, we met up with Robby. What makes this so interesting is that they each shared aspects of the job I have in their jobs. Robby works on software and Ben works on architecture (my job is on a software architecture team). The entire way up to the Retreat, we listened to Pastor Mike speak while pausing to talk about specific parts. I enjoyed having a chance to talk to others about Revelations. I can say that just having the time to get to know Ben and Robby made the weekend go better. Before that weekend, I was feeling pretty cut-off from the people I knew in Thrive and at church. It just didn't seem like anyone had the same technological drive or perspective. I felt that I didn't fit. Afterwards, I was encouraged and motivated to work harder on my relationships (with God, my family, and other). It's strange how the little things can change your life (thank you God).

Mark

No comments: