Thursday, October 18, 2007

Update on surgery

From Brooke:

"We made it through Hope's surgery! Hope is doing well. Honestly, the worst part was waking her up 4.5 hours early. She was a trooper though. So they said they cleared her tear ducts, but she has really small ones. So now we hope and pray that they stay open and clear. If there is going to be a problem, it is usually within the first two weeks. If it closes back up, they redo the surgery and put a stint in. Hopefully, we won't have to do that. My favorite part is when they told us we need to limit her activities today. How on earth do you limit the actvities of a toddler??? We went for several walks today and are watching some videos, but Hope is not really good at staying still. It was great coming in from a walk and getting her up from her nap and not having to wipe her yellow eyes! She has some little leakage and some blood, but that should go away soon. So thanks for all your prayers!!!!! (If you want to pray that they stay open now, that would be nice!)"

Today has been rough. Last night, I had difficulty getting ready to sleep just because of the unknown of how today would go. I ended up getting to bed around 1am. That actually isn't too far from my normal bedtime except we had decided that we needed to get up at 4am. We ended up getting into the hospital on time and ended up waiting for the doctor to get in. After the surgery, Hope had a little nap before we left. On our way home, we noticed smoke on the southbound 5. A couple fire trucks ended up passing us also. I hope that no one was seriously hurt or killed. After getting home, we had some breakfast (fast food) and then all took a nap. Then, we went on a short walk. I ended up going into work for the mid-afternoon because of a weekly meeting. As of yesterday, I was thinking we could make it to Thrive tonight but changed our mind because Hope was really not back to herself yet. Instead, because we were supposed to limit her activity, we made a run to Baja Fresh and afterward Toys R Us. That's basically everything up until now. Hope has been fluctuating between happy and laughing to sad and whining all day. I am hoping and praying that tonight Hope will sleep through the night. Oh, one other thing: Thanks to Thrive for the flowers to Hope.

I need to get going for the night because we need to get Hope to bed.

Mark

No comments: