Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New Laptop

Today, we ended up getting our new laptop. Our old laptop has a broken hinge and I was concerned about making it worse. We had already had a small piece or two break off from the hinge area. The laptop was supposed to have been here last week but it got delayed by a little bit.

Tonight, I spent awhile playing with setting up the wireless network. Based on how well it's gone so far (not well), this could take me some time. At this point, I've verified that the computer and the modem are compatible and that Windows still does a poor job of helping you track down network setup problems.

Tomorrow (or later this week), I'm going to try out the installation CD for the modem on the new laptop - this could get interesting! My biggest concern is that I'll end up resetting everything but in the process lose all wireless capability for both laptops - that won't go over well if it happens. And to think, this is just phase 1. I still need to transfer a bunch of stuff to the new laptop - all our pictures, any key documents, ... Plus, I will need to download software and reinstall software (like Office).

In other news, Hope has been able to keep down food today. We still limited what types of foods she could eat. We didn't want to give her anything that might be tough on her stomach. She seemed to be pretty much back to normal by bedtime - running around and getting into things that she shouldn't.

That's enough for tonight,

Mark

No comments: