Monday, December 10, 2007

Sick day

This morning, Brooke got Hope up and she had vomitted all over her crib. Guess she's gotten her first flu. She did well for most of the day and seemed to be doing better until just after getting up this evening. I was moving her into her high chair when I saw her face. I knew right then and there what was going to happen next. I spun her around quickly and she vomitted on my arm, her clothes, and the floor... yuck. So, that cancelled my plans for the evening. I was planning to go to the Men's Accountability night her but sickness won out tonight.

Surprisingly, this is the first day that I've known her to have vomitted. Considering her age, it's amazing she made it this long. It's not like she hasn't been exposed to other children, too. The remainder of the night has been a series of additional vomitting episodes followed by a short period of time where she is happy and boisterous, then wanting to be held continuously. That appears to be the cycle.

Brooke and I are quite surprised how much sign language she suddenly is using (help, more, and please) when she's not feeling well. Help still isn't quite right either but Brooke figured out a few days ago that Hope meant help when she points to her palm... I don't get it either but somehow everytime she wants help that's what she does... go figure.

Today, part 1

Mark

1 comment:

Chiara said...

Oh, Mark! I'm sorry. It's going around church. Carter had it a week and a day ago, and Ryan got it last Wednesday morning. It was not fun. I've heard of many people at church getting it, so I guess it is better now than the week or day of Christmas. You guys keep healthy . . . Ryan did not enjoy the stomach flu!